Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Good. The Bad. And the Yucky.

So there is a lot of good to talk about. Way more good than bad or yucky.  I'm not much of a "writer" of my thoughts but change is good, just this one time. probably. 

These Kodak moments all took place within the last two-ish weeks. 2 Sundays ago Ethan discovered how to use the lotion bottle upside down... as a rocket launcher. Jackson can get one leg into the toy box just fine, but then he gets stuck and cries until you help him in. I think he just wanted his own private fort because he played in there for a good ten minutes, and then Brinley wanted in :) Brinley wore this super cute dress for the first 1/3 of church, then she had a wardrobe change because the dress was really really wet. 






For a few days Ethan decided that he wasn't going to take naps when Jackson and Brinley took naps, after all he IS the oldest. So lunchtime rolls around and he can barely keep his... yep he fell asleep like this many times before he figured out that he can still be cool if he naps with the little kids. I added the picture of Derek because I think he and Ethan have the same problem :)







Jackson is such a stud. He was the only one awake and while I was in the kitchen doing my chores he propped himself up on a pillow and found himself a foot rest. 




Derek is usually behind the camera so we don't have any pictures of him and the kids, so we got a couple of snapshots with him and his favo... I mean him and Brinley. I don't think it's a secret that Derek loves her. Yes he loves his boys, but Brinley has been promised a pony as soon as she can ask!






Ethan getting thrown in the air. probably one of the last times because that kid weighs a ton! One year ago they weighed:
Ethan 5lb 11oz
Jackson 5 lb 4 oz
Brinley 4 lb 8 oz
Total:  15 1/2 pounds

One year later:
Ethan 23 lb 11 oz
Jackson 24 lb 14 oz
Brinley 21 lb 4 oz
Total: 70 lbs 

70 pounds of baby. yep. 






So. Big Day. My 3 awesome kids turned 1. Where has the time gone? Didn't go to sleeping, relaxing, shopping, showering. I'm pretty sure none of those things got the time they deserved. My super awesome sister Jo (all of my sisters are awesome) made some fun sweets for the big day. My boys love basketball hence the basketballs. 





Jackson ended up making the biggest mess, Ethan didn't really care, I think because he tried once and it didn't bounce like it should. Brinley was very dainty about putting her fingers in the frosting. Her cousin Em decided she needed help, so her fingers are the pink polished ones feeding Brinley her cake. 









Bath time!!!


Bedtime!!!


Jackson knew what was coming so he wasn't too excited about crawling to the top of the stairs. 



What a year this has been. I couldn't have made it without amazing friends and family.  I love love love these babies. 

So that was the Good. Lots of Good going on at our house. Now for the Bad and the Yucky. Not a lot of it. But here it is. 

The Bad. 

Ethan woke up yesterday with pink eye. I woke up today with pink eye. I'm really hoping that if Jackson and Brinley decide to join us that it happens tomorrow for both of them. So that we don't play "round robin" with pink eye!

The Yucky.

Normally I bath the kids in the sink after dinner because I'm alone and three messy babies going up the stairs would be yuck on the carpet. Tonight was feeling generous. I hauled them up and let them use the tub. They were all having so much fun and then someone decided they were relaxed enough to go #2. I will spare you the details but with 3 babies in the same tub, things get pretty messy really quickly. 

Sweet Ending.

Tonight. Jackson said mom mom. You could argue that he didn't know what he was saying, but I'm pretty sure that was the first time he's ever said mom mom :)




2 comments:

  1. I love it all. Your kids are adorable and your story is well written. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking their big #1 Birthday had to be sometime soon I just couldn't remember when...YAY!!!!...they are so dang cute and adorable and loveable...everytime I see pics of Miss Brin she reminds me of old pics of your sister Faith and your youngest brother...she definately has your genes in her...and is your hubby seriously asleep like that...he has some mad skills...love love love all the pics and the updates and even the bad. yucky. stuff...thanks for sharing your family with us all...sure love you guys...

    ReplyDelete